flu shots and vaccinations
Vaccines against influenza, sometimes known as the flu, protect against viruses that cause the illness. The flu is a contagious respiratory disease that can lead to serious illness, hospitalization, and even death. The flu vaccine is your strongest defense against the virus. Everyone over the age of six months should get a flu vaccination.
It can save a life by:
- preventing you from getting very sick if you are exposed to the virus;
- protecting people around you because you are less likely to transmit the virus, and protecting those who are at higher risk of serious complications from the flu if they get the flu.
- Reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19 and influenza at the same time during the COVID-19 pandemic, which can lead to more serious problems.
Who should get the flu vaccine?
According to Health Canada, everyone over six months of age should get an annual flu shot. Vaccination is especially important for people at high risk of developing influenza complications, such as:
Children aged 6 months to 8 years may need two doses at least four weeks apart for the first influenza vaccination. After that, they can get one annual dose of the flu vaccine. Getting the flu vaccine can help you avoid serious consequences if you get the flu. The most effective way to protect yourself from the flu and flu-related problems are to get a flu shot.
Years Of Experience
Doctors and Staff
What to expect from the Health Gate Pharmacy?
- All flu shot appointments are booked in advance. You can make an appointment online. If you are looking for a family, please give us a call.
- You will be emailed a COVID Screening Form and an Influenza Consent Form prior to your appointment. This must be done 24 to 48 hours before your scheduled flu shot date.
- Please bring a mask with you and arrive five minutes before your scheduled time to be screened for COVID upon entry. Please maintain social distancing while staying at the mobile clinic.
- After you pass your COVID screening, you will check-in at the front desk.
- A licensed pharmacist will then give you a flu shot.
- Please wait 15 minutes in the waiting area.